Terms & Conditions
Ascension Explorers is owned and operated by the Ascension Explorers (Charitable) Trust.
As a participant on Ascension Explorers site, in regards to commenting on the blogs, posts etc. you are subject to the terms and conditions laid out below.
These terms and conditions can be changed without notice. Terms and conditions will be published on the Ascension Explorers website and noted with the latest date of modification. Continued use of Ascension Explorers Website, following modification of the terms and conditions indicates you agree to abide by the modified terms and conditions.
Content submitted by bloggers remains the property of the author and of the Ascension Explorers solely for the purposes of maintaining the Ascension Explorers website. Content posted Ascension Explorers Website may not be reused, sold or modified by any party without the consent of the author, unless otherwise stated by the author.
The copyright of both Ascension Explorers authors and third party authors must be respected. Images, text, video and audio (so-called third party content) posted on Ascension Explorers must be used with the express permission of the author of the content or under the terms of fair use of copyright or Creative Commons licensing. Ascension Explorers Bloggers are encouraged to make their content available under a Creative Commons license such as outlined here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
This is completely voluntary for Ascension Explorers bloggers and Creative Commons licensing will be indicated prominently on the blog of each Ascension Explorers writer adopting it.
The views expressed on Ascension Explorers.com are those of the individual authors and do not reflect those of the Trustee’s of Ascension Explorers of New Zealand.
Contributor’s Code of Ethics
As contributor (by definition anyone who comments, or adds to a comment made regarding a blog, post or video on this site) to www.ascensionexplorers.com you will abide by the following code of ethics
- I will tell the truth.
- I will write deliberately and with accuracy.
- I will acknowledge and correct mistakes promptly.
- I will preserve the original post, using notations to show where I have made changes so as to maintain the integrity of my publishing.
- I will never delete a post *.
- I will not delete comments unless they are spam, off-topic or contain offensive material.
- I will reply to emails and comments when appropriate, and do so promptly.
- I will strive for high quality with every post – including basic spell checking.
- I will stay on topic.
- I will disagree with other opinions respectfully.
- I will link to online references and original source materials directly.
- I will disclose conflicts of interest.
- I will keep private issues and topics private, since discussing private issues would jeopardize my personal and work relationships.
* Occasionally a post will need to be deleted. This could be for a number of reasons – technical glitches i.e. double posting, or if content is considered to be inaccurate, libellous or in breach of the terms and conditions or code of ethics. Bloggers seeking to delete a post should contact the Ascension Explorers editorial team first.
As a Ascension Explorers contributor you agree not to submit content that is:
- Unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, hateful, defamatory, obscene, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable.
- Protected by copyright, patent, or other proprietary rights without obtaining permission of the owner of such rights.
- For commercial purposes, or intended to be used to promote, advertise, or solicit the sale of any goods or services.
Intellectual Property Information
We own the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on this Website. Unless stated by those that submit articles for print, therefore no work can be reproduced without our prior written consent.
Subject to written permission no part of this Website may be reproduced without our prior written permission.